Cenk Ayata, MD, PhD
Professor of Neurology
Harvard Medical School
Stroke Service, Department of Neurology
Director, Neurovascular Research Unit, Department of Radiology
Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1985-1991: M.D., Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
- 1991-1994: Graduate Student, Pharmacology, Hacettepe University, Ankara, Turkey
- 1994-1997: Postdoctoral Fellow, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 1997-2001: Neurology Residency, Tufts University
- 2001-2003: Clinical fellowship in Vascular Neurology and Neurocritical Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- 2012-2016: Ph.D., Neuroscience, Leiden University, Leiden Netherlands
The NIH, AHA, Leducq Foundation, industry, private non-profit foundations, and philanthropic donations.
Translational research in neurovascular function and dysfunction, ischemic and hemorrhagic brain injury, cerebral small vessel disease, and migraine.
Notable contributions to science:
- Spreading depolarizations in ischemic stroke and migraine
- Preclinical testing of stroke therapeutics.
149 13th Street, 6408
Charlestown, MA 02129
O: 617 726 0821
C: 617 543 5442
F: 617 726 2547